We are very happy to announce that St. Mary's will be re-opening the Sunday Liturgy for the communion of the faithful on a limited basis starting June 7, the feast of Pentecost. During this phase, the following protocols need to be followed:
1. Seating in the church is limited to approximately 30 people, so that 6' distance may be kept between families/individuals. Members must register beforehand through the Realm Registration Event.
2. A signed Sign-in Sheet (see below for link) must be completed and provided at entry for all participants (18+). These will be collected at the door. Doorwardens will greet you at the door and ushers will see you to your assigned seat.
3. Hands must be sanitized at the entrance and masks must be worn during the service, only to be removed for communion and then promptly replaced.
4. Communion will be distributed by dropping into the mouth from the spoon without contact. A paper, disposable napkin will be provided if needed, which then will be given to the deacon for burning. Antidoron will be provided in disposable cups.
5. There is no coffee hour on the parish grounds at this time. Only the bathrooms downstairs will be available. The hall, library, classrooms, and nursery are closed.
6. Please refrain from kissing the icons at this time, but do venerate them with a bow and making the sign of the Cross. The same goes for your fellow Christians.
We appreciate your humility and loving-kindness as we do our best to comply with state guidelines and practice obedience to our Synod of bishops. We pray that this phase will go smoothly and safely, and that we return to less restricted practices soon.